the mare’s progress

I’m working in the dining-room. Nice big table to lay things out on, and the window seat affords plenty of light. The above photograph of the Mari was taken as I noticed its reflection in a mirror, with the light behind showing to advantage the transparency I aimed for in the puppet. The ‘shroud’ is muslin, and I plan to leave it un-dyed.

Above: I like these materials so much, I’m thinking that I may well make another version of the first Mari puppet using them.

Above: I’ve made a tail in micro-thin opaque plastic that yields a very pleasing movement when flicked.

3 responses to “the mare’s progress

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s